Help Brad talk Thai... Koh Lanta or Khao Lak???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Khao Lak is more built up now then it was before the tsunami. The only sign of the event is a boat washed up ona hill, a museum and some devastated buildings away from tourists. It's still in the hearts and minds of most locals but i wouldn't let that event deter you from diving there at all.

As for a DMT course, i'm not sure if lanta or lak is better then others but you want to look at what the Divemaster job is like in those shops. If the DM's are busy then you will be busy. If the DM's spend all day waiting for customers then you won't learn much. Also a school that has a good record of courses and not just trips is good for experience. If you email PADI, ask them who did the most divemaster certifications in your region you want to go to last year and see who have the experience in training divemasters.

I was in Khao Lak about a year ago and did a great liveaboard to the Similan Islands. Can't remember what dive shop it was through but I will try to find it and post.

If you email PADI, ask them who did the most divemaster certifications in your region you want to go to last year and see who have the experience in training divemasters.

But bear in mind instructors move around and staff change. It's the instructors that teach the courses, not the dive centres.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom