Help a old dude with the internet.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
This is a completely off the wall question. But I have seen people on this site that post a count down meter with there posts. For example:

"Time left to my dive trip to Belize"
X DAYS X HRS x MIN.

The computer automatically keeps track of the time left.
I assume this was downloaded off of some site but I have searched and searched and can not find a count down meter either for free or a fee.

I am chairman of a convention and I tought this would help me promote the event. Can you recommend a site to find a countdown meter like this? Thanks.

It's part of the Scubaboard software. But it was recently changed to work only in your User Profile since there were a some problems with it displaying in every post. So the posts you've seen are probably older ones.

For example, click on my name and select view public profile to see mine. To set one up, click the User CP link on the menu bar and it's the 3rd option down the left side.

Thanks for getting back to me. I clicked on your name and sure enough that is exactly what I am looking for.

However. When I went to set up one. First I clicked on User CP. On the menu I clicked on countdown timer and it went to a white screen.. Maybe it no longer works?
The only thing I could think of was the pop down blocker but I turned that off too.

Hmmmmmm...... Now I am more anxious than ever because I am so close.:)

there's been some features that have been disabled (because of a database
move, or something like that... new servers or whatever those guys do)

so maybe that's one of the dsiabled features?

H2Andy:
there's been some features that have been disabled (because of a databasemove, or something like that... new servers or whatever those guys do)

so maybe that's one of the dsiabled features?

Yup, there will be problems with the pieces parts of SB until they get all the bugs worked out. The countdown timer may be one of em.

benncool:
Bummer. Thanks anyway. I'll keep searching the web.
Well, imported smilies and other possible features are not allowed in Signatures - I suppose because of the possible problems. If I used a problem link in my Sig, for example, it would automatically be tied to all umpteen thousand posts I have.

You can list the event and date in your Sig. No timers, but we'll know. :D

benncool:
This is a completely off the wall question. But I have seen people on this site that post a count down meter with there posts. For example:

"Time left to my dive trip to Belize"
X DAYS X HRS x MIN.

The computer automatically keeps track of the time left.
I assume this was downloaded off of some site but I have searched and searched and can not find a count down meter either for free or a fee.

I am chairman of a convention and I tought this would help me promote the event. Can you recommend a site to find a countdown meter like this? Thanks.

I have some java applets and also a small executable for Windows systems that will do a countdown to a date, currently only count days, but could be modified to count down hours and min too. PM me and let me know exactly what you are wanting it for and I can try to dig them out and email them. Developed to do same thing for bicycle club events.

Gotta run, work calls.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom