Helmets for scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Petzl climbing helmet I use for dry caving that has almost zero foam in it. Gath helmets which I used for wakeboarding, has a fair amount of foam in it. The helmet I wear for scuba diving is an Otter Bay 12mm hood that keeps my head warm :wink:

The LM helmet looks nice! Have found a product they make that doesn't work as it is supposed to.

I have a triple 8 skateboarders helmet and it works great. The trick is to buy the kids size and remove the side padding, then it will fit and I use a hood with mine. Leaving the padding in will give you too much of a heads up profile. Lights mount to the sides to free up my upper d rings. The Light Monkey is too expensive for my wallet for what it is. Even a hardhat, easily turned backwards will work with a chinstrap connected to it for a cost of about 10 bucks. Kids bike helmets work good too but get the smallest one you can find.

Hell, I've worn baseball caps underwater when I thought it was too bright outside. I dive rigs fairly regularly, and unless you are going under the rigging, you're still in open water. And in open water you'd get about as much practical use out of a helmet as you'd think you'd get.

And if you're worried about bumping your head going under rigging, it sounds like a buoyancy issue, not a safety one. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom