Helmet mounting the Sola 2100 spot and flood light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gearbow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just wondering if anyone has used this as a primary and how they mounted it. Cordless light that allows me to do over a hour long dives with plenty of battery to spare. 240 minutes on spot setting. I can probably work out a solution on my own but wondered if any of you have a unique method as the light is a odd shape. I might have to work out a different handle as well like more traditional goodman. Thanks in advance.

light-and-motion-sola-video-light-1200-lumens-silver-hand-strap-B0143ERT8E-240x192.jpg

You may try to get one of the Dive Rite soft handmounts with a receiver and an extra set of striker and receiver. Install a straiker on the Sola and the receiver on the helmet. So you can easily move the light from your wrist to the helmet and back.
This is exactly what I've done. The striker is on the light, and a receiver is on the helmet. The only issue was getting the striker mounted to the SOLA, but after some drilling and countersinking and filing, I managed to do it. I have two lights (the S/F 1200 and a Tec model) set up this way, with the hand mount and another receiver mounted on a ball so it can be part of my photo rig.

This is exactly what I've done.
Yes, you shared this idea some time ago in my thread about the same issue. I just replicated it here. Alas, after the new site design I could not find that thread any longer.

Back
Top Bottom