Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we are a volunteer unit, we have 15 members. we have had fund raisers in thepast to raise money for dive com, camera, and other big price tag items. most of the team members use personal gear at calls and trainnings. we have sent letters to members who stopped showing up for calls and trainning. i am just worried that we may loose more members if i can't find a way to spark their intrest.
pete
diver 15

Are you losing divers because of activity or lack of activity? What I mean by that is are they quitting because of to many calls or not getting any calls. Both can cause major problems keeping the membership up.

You need to have a team meeting and lay it on the line. You come to training you can get called out. No show, no calls.

What does your policy or SOP say? If you don't have anything in there about attendance you need to get it added.

Not training and only diving at calls is a disaster looking for a place to happen.

Are you a rescue, recovery or a rescue/recovery team?

Gary D.

I would also say to try to get everybody together for a "fun" dive, to peak everbodys interest in the team, they might find that they don't feel they have been diving with the team enough and start showing up more.

Back
Top Bottom