Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
HI, I'm Poi.

An English chap who's been in China and SE Asia since August 2010. I planned on staring diving as soon as we got over here but was doing so much else I never got round to it until Jan this year.

I did my open water on Koh Tao, Thailand (nice and cheap) and have just returned from the Philippines were I dived in Donsol & Boracay before spending a week on Malapascua Island where I convinced my girlfriend to get certified (she's a natural) and we also got to dive with thresher sharks.

We're both hooked and looking forward to cramming in some more diving before we head back to the UK for two years in May. Coming up we have a 3 week trip to Bali with no plans as yet so if you have any tips that would be great!

Hello!

Hello Poi and welcome to ScubaBoard. It sounds like you and your girlfriend have had some great time. I hope that there are more to follow. I would recommend that you see if there are any BSAC charters in your area. Great organization based on the members from my local BSAC here in Kuwait.

Have a great day,

~Michael~
:fish::fish::fish:
:goldfish::goldfish::goldfish:

Welcome to :sblogo: the place for everything scuba.

:admingreet:
I am making a trip to Bali in September and have been looking into all the options. I contacted the people I dove with last time, Aquamarine, helped me set up my entire trip in a couple days and it was all set. I also told them that I was looking at doing a Komodo liveaboard and they actually got me a cheaper price on that also. I only did a few dives with them last year when I was in Bali, but everything was very professionally run with nice boats and cars.
I would recommend looking at Komodo, I dont know if its best time of year for them or not. You can also set up a dive safari visiting all the different parts of Bali. Tulamben is great, definetly worth a few days. Gili Temponog (probably spelled wrong) was a great dive also, but no sharks, but they were not guaranteed. Nusa Lembongan also looks nice, great vis, big currents. Unfortunately, I think you will miss Mola Mola season, I think starts in May, but should still have mantas. I also heard the diving in northeast bali is unbelievable.

With Bali, it is important to realize they have great nightlife in the popular ares, and they have great diving in many places of the island, but none of them are close to the great nightlife in popular areas. It is really not practical to stay in south bali and dive, there are very long transfer times, at least an hour by car usually, and up to three or more hours for Tulamben, Amed, etc. I recommend staying in a few different hotels in different areas to make things convenient. The hassle of moving around is worth missing all the long transfers, plus the hotels outside of south bali are much cheaper (with a few exceptions).

Hi Poi, and welcome to SB! You're located in a great place for easy access to scuba diving. It never gets boring when you actually LIVE in the part of the world with the most diverse diving!

Back
Top Bottom