hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recondo0321

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, I am thinking of becoming an instructor and have many questions. I am a US Navy trained first class diver, USMC combat diver and NAUI certified Advanced diver. I have kept no dive logs while in the USMC, but have well over 200 dives. I have been on two submarines and have "Locked Out" numerous times. So i do have a great deal of experience.
I am currently working in Iraq and when my contract ends I intend to continue my training. I was thinking of an internship in Thailand, but have many ??? and I'm looking for some advice.
Do I need to post this on the forum for help?
Thanks
Brian

Brian, welcome to Scubaboard and thank you for your service. Find the "Going Pro" forum and re-post there and you'll get some good answers to your questions. Send a private message to Quero and/or DevonDiver--they can answer your general questions and questions specific to Thailand (and the region). Good luck.

Hi Brian. Welcome to the ScubaBoard community! You will find that there is a huge amount of information and lots of members willing to provide at least food for thought and at most concrete guidance.

I have had a number of divers come for training while they were on their R&R from Iraq and Afghanistan (both active service and contractors). I think it's important to let yourself do more than just work, work, work (on training) while you're here, so when you do come, let yourself relax (because no matter what you're doing there, it's a hardship circumstance), and leave yourself plenty of room for flexibility in planning your dive training here in Thailand.

Now I'm off to Going Pro to take a look at your thread there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom