Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rent before you buy. Ask about the equipment you are renting, make notes and try different makes and models. You are new to diving and scuba equipment. Get to know what you like and speak to your instructor and other divers.

I am sure that most members here would agree that they would have bought different pieces of kit if they were better informed when they first started out. You are about to spend $1K+, be very sure what you want.

I'm just starting to get into diving but I found that another good option is trying out friends gear on dives. Although it's a tad harder with some pieces most of the people I dive with are more than happy to swap BC's or fins, or maybe even an old mask they have laying around for a dive. I found a brand new BC, used reg, octo, and gauges on Craigslist for $200. It's not amazing stuff but it gives me time to figure out what I really want in a product and lets me atleast get wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom