Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am new to SB and just wanted to drop in and introduce myself.

I am 26 years old and was born, raised and currently reside in the great Pacific NW. I graduated from the University of Washington in 2006 and spent much of 2007 traveling Europe and Asia. I love meeting new people and experiencing new cultures and am currently learing to spreak Japanese, so if you speak drop me a line. I started diving Nov. 2007 when I received my open water certification. I have yet to dive anywhere other then the Puget Sound, which is know for good cold water diving, but I yearn for the day I dive in the tropics.

I tend to dive every couple of weeks. Last week was my first ever Drysuit dive, which was definitely cush, compared to the chilling wetsuit dives I was used to! I am planning on getting my Advanced certification this winter and continueing to prgress as a diver after that.

I am currently researching destinations for a tropical dive vacation with my father. He has already been to Roatan and Belize and loved the diving, however he wants to try something new. So we are currently looking at Puerto Rico (La Parguera & West Divers) or St. Lucia... Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Also if you have any question for me please dont hesitate to ask!

Do you want just diving
or diving and the beach
or diving and other activities.

Just diving - Bonaire/Roatan
Diving and beach - Caymans
Diving and other activities - Belize

Other locations are good also but I am looking as diving being priority #1 and other options a distant second.

YMMV

Well diving is definitely the priority, however I do like kicking back on the beach with an adult beverage. Also a non-diver will be traveling with me so live aboards are not really an option this time around.

I figure where ever I go it will be an exciting new experience, however I would like to see alot of sea life and have the option to do different types of dives.

Back
Top Bottom