Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for your valuable input, I really appreciate it.

I had the opportunity to try the ScubaPro Ultra Glide BC with the Aqualung Legend as well as the ScubaPro Knighthawk BC with the MK25/S550 setup...both worked fine but I found the Knighthawk to be more comfortable....I am also considering something like the Zeagle Ranger or Escape...with a back inflate.

My instructor, Wes Miller, likes his Zeagle Tech w/Air2 and Atomic B2...

During my last cert.dive, I manually inflated the BC using the AIR2 and it seemed to work ok...I did notice that the breathing effort was much more than the octopus set up of the Legend...I guess, for me, I was thinking 1 less hose would be great, but I can see the point everyone is making for buddy safety and for breathing effort in case of emergencies...

Thanks again everyone!

I can't recall ever hearing of or reading about that dreaded extra hose causing a problem.

I have heard of people bolting in a stressful situation made worse by convoluted air sharing procedures and hard breathing secondaries, such as an airII. It's not very good as an inflator and it's not much of a performer as a reg. It's less than ideal, but it does eliminate a hose.

Not really related to the airII, but I had the painful experience of watching a newer diver working on skills in the LDS pool a couple weeks ago. I was on the deck and noticed what appeared to be a freeflow coming from the deep end. It would stop, then start again and continue for.... 20 or so seconds. When the bubbles cleared, I could see the guy on the bottom, with his airII held over his head in a dump position. He had been trying to dump air by pushing the purge button, which is located where standard inflators would position the dump button.

It's one of those things that seem like a good idea, but when you break it all down and compare to a traditional octo, it's not such a great idea.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Diving most anywhere in Hawaii in great, I just wish I did not have to fly there everytime I felt the urge to dive Hawaii.

The ScubaPro Knighthawk with the MK25/S550 is a great setup, you will like it.

yes, I can visualize what you are talking about here...I'm tending toward the Octo setup now...

thanks,

I can't recall ever hearing of or reading about that dreaded extra hose causing a problem.

I have heard of people bolting in a stressful situation made worse by convoluted air sharing procedures and hard breathing secondaries, such as an airII. It's not very good as an inflator and it's not much of a performer as a reg. It's less than ideal, but it does eliminate a hose.

Not really related to the airII, but I had the painful experience of watching a newer diver working on skills in the LDS pool a couple weeks ago. I was on the deck and noticed what appeared to be a freeflow coming from the deep end. It would stop, then start again and continue for.... 20 or so seconds. When the bubbles cleared, I could see the guy on the bottom, with his airII held over his head in a dump position. He had been trying to dump air by pushing the purge button, which is located where standard inflators would position the dump button.

It's one of those things that seem like a good idea, but when you break it all down and compare to a traditional octo, it's not such a great idea.

Thanks for the offer...I hope to be able to get out soon.

As soon as life settles down a bit again (Soccer Dad) I'll start moving forward with the diving...

Do you dive around Kaneohe at all?

Aloha Brent! Nice to have your here :D

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Diving most anywhere in Hawaii in great, I just wish I did not have to fly there everytime I felt the urge to dive Hawaii.
well Dave....that can be easily fixed :D

well Dave....that can be easily fixed :D

Nothing winning the lotto won't cure!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom