Hello~ Wanna know about Corsica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazzle

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am passing through Marseille this April and planning to dive at Corsica. Would like to gather some information about this diving spot.

Searched through SB and found the information wasn't that updated. Would any of the expert here help answering the following or share your Corsica experience with me?

1. Is Corsica worth visiting? What can be seen in April?
2. Any recommended dive shop at Corsica, Porto
3. Is PADI recognised at Corsica?
4. Can I rent full gear from the dive shop? Or do I need to rent it separately from equipment shop?

Thank for your time and help in advance!

- Corsica is a wonderfull Island. The landscapes are fantastic : red mountains falling in the deep blue see ( around Porto). The best thing to do on that period is mountain walking or biking.
-I think there's only one dive shop in Porto, it seems to be quite a small one, they are opened from May to October.
-Padi is recognized in the Padi certified centers, you will have to check. Aniway the OW and AOW are recognized like CMAS * and **.
-About gear rental, it depends of where you go.

If you can't find anithing opened around Porto, try Calvi or Ajaccio.

If you like wreck diving, you should stay and dive around Marseille or Toulon.

EDIT : You will have to present a medical attestation saying you're fit to dive,

Back
Top Bottom