Hello there! Eastern shore MD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAP2ND

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,

Hey Im currently looking for some buddies who dont mind less than Ideal conditions for diving in the Cheseapeake bay. I live on Tilghman Is and have a zodiac pro 550 for a dive platform We have some oyster reef balls, a big plane wreck, and a 100 acre artificial reef due west of the island. I dove on it about 3 months ago. Needs more exploring, but there is bridge decking and supposedly 2 or 3 barges down there too. Vis can range from 15 feet to about 2 or less. I also want to dive off of Calvert cliffs for some search and recovery of fossilized shark teeth. I also will take out my boat in the ocean on decent days. Zachary Berg is fairly close, and is in about 55 feet to 65. I will dive all year, low vis and the cold doesnt bother me.
15284128_10202508710196202_7510918126368800519_n.jpg
15039461_1231072153603072_7331479062565918603_o.jpg

Good luck with everything. My retired brother will be moving to an area near Parramore Island (VA Eastern Shore of course). Eastern shore, Bays--sucks for diving. Good luck on your endeavers--ocean obviously the best choice.

Last edited:
Thank you! Last winter we had 15 to 20 ft vis in the bay it was pretty amazing. Considering that normal vis has been 3 ft or less. lol
This winter has yet to deliver that same type of clarity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom