Hello! - Rec to Tec in Nashville

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FuDog82

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Long-time lurker that's finally stepping out of the shadows. First, a huge THANK YOU to the Scubaboard community. These forums have been a tremendous resource for me throughout my scuba journey.

I'm currently a PADI Divemaster that's very active with my local dive community. I'm in the process of my IDC and scheduled to take my IE next month. I love diving and teaching. From a personal development standpoint, I'm planning to make the move into tec diving next year (looking at PADI TecRec or TDI). Would love to meet some other tec divers on here to learn from along the way.

I'm looking forward to being a more active member of this community and maybe giving back a little of what it's given me over the last several years.

Excited to be here!

Rob

Welcome to active membership in ScubaBoard! I live in San Antonio, but moved here from Nashville. My #2 son is a junior at Vandy. I am a rec diver but love to read about what others are doing. Good luck with your tech future!

Welcome! Sounds like you already know your way around the forum. Hope you post us some trip reports.

Why do you want to go tech? Wrecks? Caves?

Great Lakes wreck diver and baby cave diver here.

Wrecks are first. One of my primary reasons for going tec is the Great Lakes! I'd love to take some cavern/cave classes for the knowledge and experience. I don't know for sure I can handle caves but want to try eventually.

I'm planning to make the move into tec diving next year (looking at PADI TecRec or TDI).

Welcome.

Make sure you spend plenty of time actually doing dives that use the technical techniques. Makes you a better diver and a much better instructor if you really know your subject.

Welcome! Sounds like you already know your way around the forum. Hope you post us some trip reports.
Thanks! Definitely will! I'm headed to Key Largo next month for my IE and have several fun dives planned as well then Bonaire for New Years!

Welcome.

Make sure you spend plenty of time actually doing dives that use the technical techniques. Makes you a better diver and a much better instructor if you really know your subject.
Absolutely! Couldn't agree more. I'm meeting up with a local TDI/PADI Tec instructor tomorrow night to ask lots of questions and see if he might be a good fit. I want my instructor to have LOTS of actual tec dive experience and needs to be something he/she does on a regular basis.

Hey...I think I recognize your name. You've posted on here a bunch about your Fusion drysuit. Do you still have it and like it? I have a new one....not really a fan. Planning to go Santi for my next one.

Welcome to active membership in ScubaBoard! I live in San Antonio, but moved here from Nashville. My #2 son is a junior at Vandy. I am a rec diver but love to read about what others are doing. Good luck with your tech future!
How do you like San Antonio? I love Nashville but the cost of living here is out of control along with the traffic. I plan to come to Dallas next year to take a GUE fundamentals class from an instructor there unless I can find enough interest locally and can get him to come to Nashville!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom