Hello! New to Scuba Board.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tommyi

Reaction score
Hello and Warm Aloha To Everyone,

My name is Tom and I'm new to the Scuba Board and hope to meet some people to go diving with as I "recently" (eight months ago) moved here from Tokyo, where I lived in Tokyo the last six years. (I was born on the island, but grew up on the Mainland in Cali and New Hampshire.)

I haven't logged many dives but have hooked since a buddy convinced me to go to the PL with dive. Got got my scuba diver there in the Phillipines (sorry - no spell check :) , got my OW in Thailand and completed my AOW with Breeze here in Hawaii a couple months ago. Also, went to Cairns with my wife to dive the Great Barrier reef as well - incredible vis out there.

I've been reading some board threads and this place seems like a great place to meet poeple who share a love for the ocean, and of course, diving. Anyway, I haven't been in Hawaii very long and haven't had the chance to meet many other people who dive (having a job sure gets in the way) so I'd thought I'd say hello to all of you.

I hope I get a chance to meet some of you and if anyone can recommend a dive club ("regular" fun dive operations are kinda expensive) I would appreciate it. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet some of you as well in the coming months.

Thanks and have a great rest of weekend!

Tom

Welcome aboard, Tom!

Welcome to the board!

What island are you on, Tom?

Aloha and welcome to the Ohana!

lets take bets....I'd say he's here on Oahu since he did his AOW with Breeze (they are only here, right?)

Welcome to Scuba Board

Hi again everyone,

Thank you all for the replies and welcomes. KrisB, I'm on Oahu, in west Waikiki (you were right Leesa). Sorry, should have mentioned that earlier.

Thanks again for the welcome, everyone, and if anyone is going on a boat dive this coming weekend, I would love to know. I'm always good for a couple rounds after. :)

By the way, what dive clubs does everyone belong to?

Have a good Monday all.

Tom

tommyi:
completed my AOW with Breeze here in Hawaii a couple months ago.

I hope I get a chance to meet some of you and if anyone can recommend a dive club ("regular" fun dive operations are kinda expensive) I would appreciate it.

Tom-

Have you looked into the Breeze dive club? I'm surprised no one at Breeze mentioned it during your AOW, unless for whatever reason you decided you would rather not join that particular club. Anyway, a few of us here are members. I really like the club - it's just a bunch of people who like to dive getting together every so often. 2 tank dives are $45. Excepting Sea Lancers, I believe most dive clubs will run $45 - $50 for 2 tank boat dives.

However, it's summer now and many of us prefer to take advantage of the shore diving conditions (i.e. we're cheap) and shore dive almost exclusively until September. Oftentimes people post here with their diving plans for the weekend or during the week - if you're looking at a particular day, just post it and you'll probably get some responses from others that plan to dive that day.

Hi Chepar,

Thanks very much for the info. I've only been shore diving once (during my course) but would love to check out some spots around the island. I'm in the process of getting my first set of gear together so I guess I'll have to wait until that's done. Would absolutely love to shore dive...

My AOW instructor over at Breeze did mention the dive club but, at the time, I was a little disappointed by how they ran things over there that I didnt pay much attention. I'm sure the dive club is completely different. I'll definitely look into that.

thanks for the reply and I'll post again when I get my gear together...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom