Hello! New diving family seeking info for first scuba vacation in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

My two boys and I were certified in July 2019 and got one scuba trip in before the pandemic. We did an overnight to Santa Barbara Island to scuba with sea lions.

We are planning to dive during an upcoming trip to Maui next April.

In addition, we are wanting our next trip to probably be in early June next year. We are considering Cozumel, so I joined this board to start gathering info as we have never been to Mexico and know nothing about the area. Iʻm hoping to learn lots here!

Thank you for the add!

Hi. There are a range of Mexican dive destinations, from drift diving in Cozumel to mainland ocean and cenotes diving to cage diving with great white sharks at Guadalupe. Let's not forget the Sea of Cortez. I got to dive Cozumel; others can talk about the other places. I did some Cozumel research online to inform my 2018 trip, so maybe that can help you now:

My Research Notes from Planning Cozumel Trip

And here's my trip - Tres Pelicanos/Casa Mexican Trip Report Sept. 2018

Be mindful that was before COVID-19. Since then, it's my understanding Blue XTSea is no long active, but you can still dive with Tres Pelicanos, Aldora and others...Salty Endeavors has been getting some good reviews, too.

Hello,

My two boys and I were certified in July 2019 and got one scuba trip in before the pandemic. We did an overnight to Santa Barbara Island to scuba with sea lions.

We are planning to dive during an upcoming trip to Maui next April.

In addition, we are wanting our next trip to probably be in early June next year. We are considering Cozumel, so I joined this board to start gathering info as we have never been to Mexico and know nothing about the area. Iʻm hoping to learn lots here!

Thank you for the add!
I believe there is a sub-forum on Mexico that may be of help.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! We can't wait to here how your trip goes!

There are lots of trip reports for various all inclusives, hotels, rentals and for specific dive ops. That would be a great place to start - or jump in with specific questions. :)

Welcome to Scubaboard !

Just want to let you know that once you get involved with the Cozumel Crowd you will be part of a VERY ACTIVE, DEDICATED, PASSIONATE Group !!! Cozumel has many options for Diving, Lodging, Restaurants and Touring. Don't hesitate to ask questions....so pop on over to the Mexico/Cozumel Forum and the folks there will be most helpful ! Best Wishes and Happy Diving !

Double S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom