Hello---moving into the area soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squalus

The Good Humor Guy
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I would just like to say hello, seeing I will be statione at Ft. Riley, Ks soon. Looking into new areas to dive at.

Well, you're roughly the same distance I am from it, so I suggest TableRock. Nice area good vis and quite a bit to see there.

Now there are several areas to dive, you'll find them listed in the sticky at the main page for this forum. Look through there and you'll see a couple quarries not far from you.

Welcome to the land of muck divers. I guess. :) There are also a few Kansans on the forums at MidwestDive.com if you are looking for a dive buddy for a short trip to Table Rock or Beaver Lake.

Welcome to Kansas. Really, it's not like PCS'ing to Siberia. Really.

Closest airports are Wichita and Kansas City at about 2 - 2 1/2 hours drive each. YMMV. There are several good LDSs in the area. Mine's in Wichita and I recommend it. Most KS reservoirs have like 6" vis (Wilson Lake is a notable exception at about 6'). By the time you drove from FRK to SW Missouri or NE Arkansas, you could have flown to Florida. Having said that, we make the drive all the time. Call me when you're ready to go - we have a blast.

Good luck with the move.

Welcome (in 32 days) to the Land of Dirt. The only diving I know of is in SW Missouri or NW Arkansas. I prefer Beaver Lake (in NW AR) to Table Rock (in SW MO). I have been there but do to a bad thunderstorm I didn't get a chance to dive it, but Oronogo is on my list. It is closer than either of the Lakes - north of Joplin, Mo.

Becky

Welcome to the Big Red One soldier! Hooooahhhh!

Most of the semi-decent places to dive around here are in the southern part of Missouri on the MO-AR border area - Table Rock, Bull Shoals.

IF you fine some good diving in Kansas let us know! (Reminds me of the "Ski Kansas" posters of the mid 70's - I grew up in Colorado! LOL)

...and remember, the ocean is just a short plane trip away!

I think that we all will be in touch. Diving and fun is to be had, been doing some research on some of the dive areas within distance that would be some awesome diving. As far as flying I am game to fly to any destination to dive, I am going to do diving on the western sea board and the gulf as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom