Hello, LA area instructor recommendation please?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lom

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and discovered it while looking for dive training for my wife. I'm already AOW certified thru PADI, but haven't been diving in quite a while and don't really know any other divers in my area, so this community seemed like a good place to ask...

Could someone in west Los Angeles area recommend us a good instructor/dive shop please? I have gone through some posts with great advice in choosing a good instructor, but as those too suggest, nothing is as meaningful as the recommendation or warning of friends, and this board felt friendly enough. Thanks in advance!

I recently found out that the instructor I went with for my OW and AOW just disaffiliated from a shop and went independent. She's actually in the Inland Empire, but she does all of her check-out dives in the OC and Catalina.

If you're interested, PM me and I'll be happy to give you her contact info.

I'm afraid that's quite far from us, but thank you very much Jodi!

Many very experienced divers have noted that LA County Underwater Instructors Association provides some of the best OW instruction out there far exceeding the standard offerings by the more popular agencies.

http://lascuba.com/

I would highly recommend Tom Wetzel who teaches out of the Glendale YMCA. His email address is scubatomwetzel@earthlink.net if you would like to contact him. Certifies LA County, PADI, NAUI, and YMCA.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I have absolutely no affiliation with him, just a very satisfied student/customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom