Hello Guys, Im Back

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
From the <deep breath> majestic short castle cliffs in the ice cold crystal clear, unlimited visability and calm collected waters of possum kingdom lake :11:

sorry just a little inside joke from working on aqautics staff at the camp, because the cliffs are 60+ feet tall the water, and for those of you who have been out there know visability is minimal at best, and for warm its only at the surface the second thermo will have you wanting a thicker suit.

but anyways my summer out at the camp was real fun, it was alot of work but i will be oout there again next year. I was able to do alot of diving in and around the camp in my time off but most of it was low viz because of the natraul conditions in the lake, but if there was a low/no visability working/recovery cert i would have earned it as working on the blobs the second week after they closed the dam caused nothing but tons of silt to be pumped into the cove leaving me working in the dark even with a HID light right next to my head.

besides that i got a weekend to go dive around the lake for fun nad got to dive some sites like the toilet bowl, scuba point, etc but i wasnt able to get to dive the gates of hell due to getting sick the day before we were scheduled to go, so that will be something for next year to do.

also while i was out there i was working a personal project, (and this will be intrest to you dee) of doiing my version of a day in the life of.. but instead will be the summer in the life of a summer camp , and during the course of this i shot close to 75 rolls of film (mainly black and White) and over 5 GB of digital images. This is all for a gallery exibhit im wanting to do at the council office in december to show off all of what summer camp is all about, and also for a personal portfolio.

well anyways it good to be back in dallas and closer to friends, family, internet/email, food, and scubaboard. Im back for only about a week before i go off to NOAC (National Order of the Arrow Conference for Boy Scouts in Ames Iowa) and then i will be back in town because school will start shortly after that.

well guys its good to be back and if theres anything intresting i missed from memorial day to now let me know, and also in a couold of weeks lets go diving as i have a itch for something with viz

Tooth

but for those of you who are intrested go to www.constantin2004.com and look at the pics and you will see a few of me and several hundred(if not more) that i have taken that are up there in combonation with the program director. Its not a website of mine but a site and space that was donated the first week of camp so that we could post images from camp for the parents to see, its sort of a work in progress to use in the future.

I haven't been around much myself over the past few months but I've been checkin' in as of lately. I was wondering where you were. Welcome back.

Welcome back, Scubatooth! Sounds like you had a lot of fun working at the camp- it's hard work giving that much to children, and it sounds corny, but I do know how much love the kids give back to you. Anyway, glad you're back and hope to see you out diving soon.

Foo

Welcome home!

guys its good to be back, when i was packing up this past sunday it was really depressing in that i had work real hard but i had so much fun and i didnt want to leave but i had to.

foo its not corny even though some might think that way. but for me giving back to the scouting program that gave so much to me is only (seems) fair trade in that the time (unpaid) that all the adult leaders gave to me so that i could get my eagle and never expected a tangible payment other then a thanks for all the help. Since im not active in a troop or with units on a regular basis this is my way of giving back besides the training sessions that i help with.

Dee thanks and im planning on being down in houston for dema to meet the southern gang and have some fun.

tom i plan on getting some diving in soon just as soon as i pick up my back up regs from BD that have been sitting there since the week after i went to camp.

well its been a long day and i have to get up early in the morning to see the doc to follow up on some stuff from last week so i will catch you all on the flip side

Tooth

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom