Hello From Toronto!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SophiaaaaaX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello from Toronto!

Ive been diving since 2019 and have been to northern Ontario, koh Tao, similan islands, and Bahamas. Will be traveling to socorro next Jan and very excited to make new friends here!

Welcome, and greetings from Fredericton. Not exactly close, but I often pass through GTA on my way to/from diving.

Welcome, and greetings from Fredericton. Not exactly close, but I often pass through GTA on my way to/from diving.
Hi d^2b,

nice meeting you here! Where do you usually dive in Canada? I’ve heard great things about BC and bell islands but haven’t tried there yet.

Heh.

Hi d^2b,

nice meeting you here! Where do you usually dive in Canada? I’ve heard great things about BC and bell islands but haven’t tried there yet.
There is great (but cold) invertebrate life in the St. Lawrence near Les Escoumins. Similar for the west coast, Vancouver Island inside passage all the way north to port hardy. Fresh water wrecks in the great lakes are also nice, and at least in the summer less painfully cold. With all that said, these days I'm mainly a lazy vacation diver.

Welcome! So you've been diving in Thailand; I've never been. What led you there?

Richard.
Hi Richard! So I've heard great things about whale sharks and oceanic manta in similan islands so I went. Sadly I missed the whale shark (hopefully I can see some in mexico) but we did encounter a giant manta, beautiful turtles and a great diversity of coral lives! They have a very different ecosystem than caribbean and east pacific... their soft corals are just stunning...Keep in mind tho it is illegal to take any corals with you, not even the ones that got flushed to the beach. The liveaboard I went on was also amazing they provide exeptional services, and the food in Tailand is also to die for! I even tried fried scorpions which is suprisingly good (taste like chicken but with crunchiness and great seasoning).

Aside from diving and food I also recommend thai massages (super cheap but great, amazing CP ratio), muay thai (I took one course on koh tao, wish I had more time there to complete a full session of courses), and if you have time I also recommend walking around bangkok, they have great temples, palaces and history. Thai people is also extremely welcoming - I encountered several groups of locals and had lots lots of fun hanging out with them :) But do remember to use google translator if you want to travel to non tourist-dense places cuz most of the locals don't understand English...

Too bad I did not have enough time for Chiang Mai and diving in Koh Lipe but will def go back there again when traveling around is more convinient...

There is great (but cold) invertebrate life in the St. Lawrence near Les Escoumins. Similar for the west coast, Vancouver Island inside passage all the way north to port hardy. Fresh water wrecks in the great lakes are also nice, and at least in the summer less painfully cold. With all that said, these days I'm mainly a lazy vacation diver.
thank you for the info! I'll check around the st lawrence rivers but I totally agree with the coldness :)

Hello from Toronto!

Ive been diving since 2019 and have been to northern Ontario, koh Tao, similan islands, and Bahamas. Will be traveling to socorro next Jan and very excited to make new friends here!

Have you done Toby?

Back
Top Bottom