Hello from the coral triangle of the world!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rdansson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey there y'all!

I've been a lurker for years, but never made the jump to creating an account on here.
When I first started diving and was clueless on topics like what equipment to choose, what the difference is between piston and diaphragm 1st stages, and what is a balanced reg, I could always count on y'all at ScubaBoard!

As I am now going to be frequently diving, and finally have my full set of equipment, I have decided to take the plunge dive and join this community too. :yeahbaby:
I hope to at least be able to contribute to the community, and a big portion of my interest is modifying and DIY-ing gears and attachments to better suit individual needs. I guess I'm a bit of a tinkerer at heart.

A little about me:
I used to be a marine biologist, however I'm currently working on wetlands conservation. My future plans are to get a PhD in marine biology, so I basically get the dive for free for 2 out of the 4 years of my PhD project during the fieldwork components.

My favorite phrase:
The solution to pollution is dilution. - Some Chemistry lecturer I had years ago.

Here's a little shameless plug from my end on the paper we published:
Examining the giant barrel sponge species complex: molecular and microbial differentiation of Xestospongia testudinaria in Singapore

Welcome to SB! Singapore--what a great place for a diver to be based.

Your favorite phrase shows up now and then in threads discussing the sanitizing of drysuit p-valves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom