Hello from the Bay Area CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GinaSmith

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! Feeling the cabin fever working from home lately. Recently moved to the Redwood City, CA from Florida.

I’m looking to get involved in a local diving community here.

Also trying to plan my next dive trip once things get back to some resemblance of normalcy.

I started diving back in July and fell in love with everything about it. I did a few dive trips around FL, including the keys and loved how close everything was. I got my AOW right before moving to CA.

Would love to meet like-minded folks.

Welcome! I just moved from Redwood City (Dock Town Marina) up to Carmichael,CA.
Oh nice! Any cool trips you’ve taken nearby or a short flight away? And did you have a favorite local dive shop?

Welcome GinaSmith to the board and to CA.

Have you been diving here locally? I'd imagine you'll need a new suit if you intend to dive locally as it's about 53 degrees water temp here. Water clarity will be a bit different as well. We don't have a strong current running by like they do in some parts of Florida.

Diving is good North of the Golden Gate though it is pretty rugged and cold up there. Don't go in Tomales Bay as they have serious great white sharks hanging around there.

Otherwise good diving starts South at Santa Cruz/Monterey area.

Hi everyone! Feeling the cabin fever working from home lately. Recently moved to the Redwood City, CA from Florida.

I’m looking to get involved in a local diving community here.

Also trying to plan my next dive trip once things get back to some resemblance of normalcy.

I started diving back in July and fell in love with everything about it. I did a few dive trips around FL, including the keys and loved how close everything was. I got my AOW right before moving to CA.

Would love to meet like-minded folks.
Welcome to ScubaBoard @GinaSmith. Glad you decided to join our group. ScubaBoard is a great place to hangout.

howdy and welcome from your ex-Florida neighbor......

Welcome

@GinaSmith

there are a few local dive clubs and meetup groups that organize local dives. once the coronavirus shutdowns are over, look for them to resume their monthly meetings.

I would
@GinaSmith

there are a few local dive clubs and meetup groups that organize local dives. once the coronavirus shutdowns are over, look for them to resume their monthly meetings.
This is exactly what I’m looking for! Can’t wait to check them out. Please PM me if you have any good recommendations of clubs of places to find them. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom