Hello from SF CA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the area.

If shore diving interests you, you can check out the Meetup.com website and/or app. There are several local scuba groups that organize dives -- or just post looking for buddies. There are also several Monterey area facebook groups and/or pages where diving is arranged. You can also look for boat diving buddies there.

Welcome to the boards. I’m also from the San Francisco area but if you ever see me in the local water, something is terribly wrong. :D

Lake Tahoe is fun if you like crayfish!
I've actually not been to Tahoe yet and definitely haven't done enough education to dive at altitude :) But agreed with the concept that if I'm in the Bay, something is terribly terribly wrong.

What dive shop are you with? :) I'm going down in early December for a long weekend to complete some cert dives for specialty courses. I was going to go on a Channel Islands trip this summer, but they posted the dates incorrectly and with my work schedule/type of work, adding a day was absolutely impossible. :( I still want to try and go on one some time soon, but there seems to be no great place to find all the different groups doing trips to look for one I could tag along with.

I also have a week off mid-Jan that I was considering trying to find a liveaboard to do, but I'm definitely nervous to do it for the first time!

Hello there, I just registered here and did my first liveaboard in the channel islands in I believe april. Was a blast. Was also nervous but once on board just introduce yourself to everyone and ask if you can pair up or triple up and you will end up diving with many different people over next couple days. Looking back the only thing I would say is dont be a wall flower, get out there and shake hands and ask to dive with folks. Many are feeling the same as you or me. Nervous and wanting to dive of course lol.
Im trying to hit several monterey dives this fall to keep gaining experience. I have my advanced open water but I probably took that class too fast as id only had about 15 dives. Definitely not recommended. Now over 30 dives.

best of luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom