Hello From SE MN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowtieman427

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got certified today and feel great. Asked instructor if I can join in any local dives and he said yes. He has students completing check out dives here and there and said he will keep me posted. My bigest problem was keeing neutral buoyancy I need PRACTICE. Had trouble going down, but once I got down I was sinking to the bottom. Near the end of the check out dive I got it under control.
ANY Divers out there from MN or SE MN area ???

I grew up in SE MN. Never thought any town around there was big enough to have a dive shop, maybe Roch or LaX. Dont worry, everyone has to work on maintaining neutral bouyancy at first. Dive a bunch and it will come.

I do have to ask, is there still ice on the water up there? :shakehead:
Diving the springs and 69 degree water seems cold to me now...

The water was between 62-55 degrees at Lac Lavon in Apple Valley. There was a dive shop in Rochester but they closed up...Long story...that is where I started in the certification process. I finished up with an excellent instructor out of Shakopee area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom