Hello from North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Librarybarry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings. I registered today, and thought I'd introduce myself. My son (13.5 yrs old) and I (52) are beginning our scuba journey--OW certification next weekend. He did a discovery dive over spring break in Pompano Beach, Florida and LOVED it, wanted to get certified as soon as he got back on the boat! We live in central North Carolina, so I expect a lot of quarry dives in our future, but we'd like to do some travel with the whole family and dive in some warm, clear, tropical water soon as well; mainly rec diving for me, but I hope his interest in the sport takes him places I may not venture. I look forward to learning more about the sport on the forums.
Barry

That's awesome, scuba diving is an activity that really is an equalizer. Doesn't matter the age, there's always so much to master. If you guys ever get back to Florida in the coming years Venice Beach shark tooth dives are great and some of our freshwater springs like Blue Springs are a lot of fun!

Greetings! And Welcome to Scubaboard from a fellow Tarheel!

Make sure to join the PDRA and check out Dolphi Graves at NADCO, great instructor and shop. Hopefully I'll see you around!
I was just checking out PDRA today based on a post a saw where member uncfnp suggested it to someone. I am taking OW course through Blue Dolphin in Winston, but plan to check out NADCO asap.

That's awesome, scuba diving is an activity that really is an equalizer. Doesn't matter the age, there's always so much to master. If you guys ever get back to Florida in the coming years Venice Beach shark tooth dives are great and some of our freshwater springs like Blue Springs are a lot of fun!
We for sure will be headed back to Florida. So many places to go, and although my wife and daughter don't have interest in scuba, we all snorkeled under Blue Heron Bridge while we were there and loved it. Lots of fun times in the water in our future!

Welcome to the board from Raleigh. We have a couple nice quarries here as well.

Back
Top Bottom