Hello from MN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jerrydascorpion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I am just getting (back) into diving. I was certified back in 2010, and didn’t dive since my OW dives.

My wife just got certified and we did a dive after her OW. We are looking forward to this new adventure and hobby.

Welcome. There are several other Twin Cities area divers on Scubaboard.

I do a good deal of diving locally and will probably still be out a few more times this year. I often dive at Lac Lavon because it's local for me, access is good, and there isn't much boat traffic.

Good to know. We are most likely going to get our gear this winter sometime. Hopefully we can start logging some more dives in the spring once we have gear.

Welcome from another Minnesotan.
You will find great info here on SB about gear selection.
If you are using a local dive shop(LDS) for training and gear, SB is a great place to ask questions about what they are saying and doing.
As a new or inexperienced diver, you don't know what you don't know and training varies from instructor to instructor.
Happy diving.

Welcome from another Minnesotan.
You will find great info here on SB about gear selection.
If you are using a local dive shop(LDS) for training and gear, SB is a great place to ask questions about what they are saying and doing.
As a new or inexperienced diver, you don't know what you don't know and training varies from instructor to instructor.
Happy diving.

I did a refresher with the LDS and sat through my wife’s PADI elearning. I am definitely looking into more training. If I have any questions on what they recommend or say during training, I will definitely post here as well.

Warm water or cold water divers? I’m the crazy cold water chick (Great Lakes wrecks). :wink:

Warm water or cold water divers? I’m the crazy cold water chick (Great Lakes wrecks). :wink:
Mostly cold. Maybe a couple warm water vacations.

I grew up in the UP and did my OW dives in Lake Superior. We are definitely planning on diving when we visit my family back in the UP.

Mostly cold. Maybe a couple warm water vacations.

I grew up in the UP and did my OW dives in Lake Superior. We are definitely planning on diving when we visit my family back in the UP.

OK, you’re my kind of crazy. :wink: Da Yooper!

I’m an under the bridge troll - grew up in suburban Detroit, in exile in the Chicago area since 1996, lived in Alpena for 16 months in the early 90s. Thunder Bay Diving is fab. I was up there in early August.

OK, you’re my kind of crazy. :wink: Da Yooper!

I’m an under the bridge troll - grew up in suburban Detroit, in exile in the Chicago area since 1996, lived in Alpena for 16 months in the early 90s. Thunder Bay Diving is fab. I was up there in early August.

Nice! I am excited to dive the Great Lakes! I was looking at Thunder Bay the other day. Now I need to find the time to dive. Hopefully come spring I will be able to get out more!

Fab diving in southern Lake Michigan, too. Nice wrecks off Chicago and Milwaukee. Chicago boat is an hour from me, so I do a good bit of it locally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom