Hello from Metro Detroit, Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Redfoot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been lurking here for a little while... Finally decided to join up.

Always been a very aquatic person- boats, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing but had a scary/ bad experience snorkeling when I was young and never got in to the underwater world. A recent snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico has changed that and I now have been bitten by the Scuba bug....

I have been shopping around for OW certification places in Southeastern Michigan, there are quite a few but any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated. I also have ZERO gear..... but am in no rush to do anything, as it is winter here and we just got home from vacation!

My other interests are motorcycles, kayaking, camping and animals.

We have a lot of pets: Redfooted Tortoise, Leopard Tortoise, Sulcata Tortoise, Holland Lop rabbit, gerbil, 55 gallon freshwater community aquarium, 2 red ear sliders and a Betta fish!

Thanks everybody and look forward to meeting you all.

I have been lurking here for a little while... Finally decided to join up.

Always been a very aquatic person- boats, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, fishing but had a scary/ bad experience snorkeling when I was young and never got in to the underwater world. A recent snorkeling trip in Puerto Rico has changed that and I now have been bitten by the Scuba bug....

I have been shopping around for OW certification places in Southeastern Michigan, there are quite a few but any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated. I also have ZERO gear..... but am in no rush to do anything, as it is winter here and we just got home from vacation!

My other interests are motorcycles, kayaking, camping and animals.

We have a lot of pets: Redfooted Tortoise, Leopard Tortoise, Sulcata Tortoise, Holland Lop rabbit, gerbil, 55 gallon freshwater community aquarium, 2 red ear sliders and a Betta fish!

Thanks everybody and look forward to meeting you all.

I have done a lot of stuff through Sea the World Scuba in Farmington Hills. Very satisfied with them over all. I also use Rec Diving in Royal Oak sometimes. I like them as well but have not done any training through them.

Hope you enjoy scuba diving. Be safe and have fun.

Welcome. Interesting--when I was about 11-12 I too was in P.R. snorkelling (1966) and tried to grab a white spiny sea urchin bare handed of course. That was scary--also not very bright. The urchins up here have small dull spines--people called "urchin divers" collect and eat them. Do you mind saying what happened with you?

We were at a Disney resort and my brother and I went snorkeling. It was a combination of my mask falling off, a lung full of saltwater and general fear of the ocean (Sharks!) that ruined it for me. I held on to that fear for a while, and never really tried it again until recently, and I loved it!

I have had good luck with Brian at Huron Scuba. He does an awesome job. The girl(can't remember her name) that runs the repair and maintenance of equipment does an excellent job.
I think they are organizing a trip to Brac over the Christmas. Take your class now and do the check outs in BracBtw, cool pets

Have fun

Welcome to SB. A great place to learn. Be safe when diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom