Hello From Mad-town, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jewelofnile69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Everyone! My name is Julia and I hail from Madison, WI. I've been diving since 2008 (my husband since about 2005). Our favorite locale to dive is Bonaire, N.A. (we stay at Buddy Dive) because of the ease of diving and the lovely people. We've been there 3 times so far and will be heading back again next February. We're hitting up Key Largo (Sea Dwellers) this coming Labor Day weekend and sometimes do local lake/quarry dives. In fact, we just did a DUI test dive this past weekend down in Pearl Lake, IL (only down size was I lost my diamond earrings...my own fault)....see pic attached of me in my Skull drysuit. We'll be doing a quarry dive up in Wazee in a few weeks as well and that will be cold. Anyway, I'm new to the site. Just saying hello. I've attached a few other pictures as well. Cheers!

Attachments

• 282849_10150978909006998_256013722_n.jpg
    282849_10150978909006998_256013722_n.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 179847_10150130965761998_1173344_n.jpg
    179847_10150130965761998_1173344_n.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 180059_10150130967446998_5078615_n.jpg
    180059_10150130967446998_5078615_n.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 180328_10150130967701998_1487581_n.jpg
    180328_10150130967701998_1487581_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 32
Hi Julia! Welcome to SB! I just move to Madison myself for work. I'm planning on driving up to Devil's Lake for a dive or two on Saturday. Send me a message if you're interesting in coming!

Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised just outside of Madison in Middleton. Great place. Spent many a day on the lakes.

Hi Julia! Welcome to SB! I just move to Madison myself for work. I'm planning on driving up to Devil's Lake for a dive or two on Saturday. Send me a message if you're interesting in coming!

Hey Scubaboy! I would normally jump all over that...but we are heading to the Brewers game this weekend and will be staying over night. Thanks for the invite. Where do you work now? Are you liking this area and the political fire going on? Up for going to Wazee on the 23rd?

Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised just outside of Madison in Middleton. Great place. Spent many a day on the lakes.

Hey James! How long have you been away? Where in Florida are you?

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys!

I left the Madison area when I was 12 for Milwaukee. I went back and forth until I was 19 and headed to Atlanta. Now after 16 years in Georgia, it's got to cold. Further south for me. Now I am in Naples FL.

But I will always be a Bucky Badger lovin Cheesehead!

Hey Scubaboy! I would normally jump all over that...but we are heading to the Brewers game this weekend and will be staying over night. Thanks for the invite. Where do you work now? Are you liking this area and the political fire going on? Up for going to Wazee on the 23rd?

Bummer... Have fun at the game.

I just started working at Epic - actually, today was my first day of work. And I try to stay out of the politics. Not educated enough in what's been going on locally to be a good voter yet. But the area is very nice. I joined up for the two lake clean up dives over the weekend and even managed to get onto the local news. :cool2:

As for Wazee lake on the 23rd, I'm totally down to go. I'll shoot you a message when we get a bit closer to that date. Would you mind if I invited some other divers?

I left the Madison area when I was 12 for Milwaukee. I went back and forth until I was 19 and headed to Atlanta. Now after 16 years in Georgia, it's got to cold. Further south for me. Now I am in Naples FL.

But I will always be a Bucky Badger lovin Cheesehead!

It is too cold now! I lived in TX for 5 years while I was active duty Army. Coming back was hard...although I moved home in late August and we had a nice fall and winter that year. :) Naples is wonderful! We are heading to Key Largo over Labor Day...can't wait!

Bummer... Have fun at the game.

I just started working at Epic - actually, today was my first day of work. And I try to stay out of the politics. Not educated enough in what's been going on locally to be a good voter yet. But the area is very nice. I joined up for the two lake clean up dives over the weekend and even managed to get onto the local news. :cool2:

As for Wazee lake on the 23rd, I'm totally down to go. I'll shoot you a message when we get a bit closer to that date. Would you mind if I invited some other divers?

What do you do for Epic? We know lots of people that work there now that it is the largest employer (besides the state) in Madison (I work for American Family and Epic just passed us). :) It's best to stay out of politics even if you KNOW what's going on. LOL!

Yes, the more the merrier for the Wazzee dive! Just shoot me a PM and I can shoot you my email address.

American Family? As in the insurance? My father had an agency in Madison for about 30 years with them.

It's pretty crazy how fast its expanding. There's a lot of construction going on at the moment to put in an auditorium that can hold 10,000 people. I just started working in Technical Services on the cardiology and radiology applications.

American Family? As in the insurance? My father had an agency in Madison for about 30 years with them.

Absolutely! I truly love the company. I've been with them essentially since I got out of the service. I see myself retiring with them...if they let me stay that long. :)

It's pretty crazy how fast its expanding. There's a lot of construction going on at the moment to put in an auditorium that can hold 10,000 people. I just started working in Technical Services on the cardiology and radiology applications.

My best friend is a nurse who just moved from Madison (St. Mary's) to Kileen, TX (by Fort Hood...where I used to be stationed). She HATES that they don't use Epic...they use 4 or 5 different systems!! Insane!

Do you happen to know a Tim Lauersdorf? Let me know...too be Brother-in-law. I could drop a ton of other names but I'll give you longer to work there first. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom