Hello from Madison, WI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kavi317

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Warm greetings from freezing Madison, WI! On my way to getting certified, did pool dives a few weeks ago with Diversions Scuba and scheduled to do Open Water while on vacation in Cabo this spring with Manta Scuba.

Looking forward to exploring some local lakes, various sites while on vacation and furthering my training!

So far I have snorkel, mask and fins. Fairly overwhelming when looking at gear, but I think trying different types will narrow things down for me, unless anyone has suggestions for a beginner.

Actively looking to buy a dive computer or regulator and wetsuit (~5 mil) since those will be a constant with any rental gear. Since I will be doing mainly warm(er) dives for the foreseeable future I am leaning towards the computer rather than the regulator.

You’ll get decent advice from Diversions. They dive a lot. It has been a long time since buying my first gear. However, I think I’d be more inclined to have a reliable regulator than a computer. You can dive without a computer, and you can’t dive without a regulator.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Diversion Scuba is great!! I did my ice diving specialty course with them on Lake Mendota. I've also done a number of shore dives on Lake Mendota and Devil's Lake.

Very true, I have been reading there is not much of a difference in regulators if you’re mainly diving warm waters and no risk of freezing….am I missing another benefit ? I do agree with some other posts that knowing the maintenance history of a life support product absolutely is important.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom