Hello From Long Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubamanny

Registered
Reaction score
This is my first posting. I live towards the end of Long Island in New York State, USA and am looking to join a dive club in the area. Any ideas out there? I dive doubles and am used to the cold. I enjoy all types of diving but have a great interest in underwater archeology. I am looking to get involved with a local group of divers and spend some time underwater. Also, I would like to get nitrox certification as well as training in decompression.

Welcome (Scub)aBoard! :happywave

it’s about time you surfaced here! :)

Click [thread=91105]here[/thread] for ScubaBoard 101: [thread=91105]A beginner's guide to the ScubaBoard.Com forums[/thread].

Don’t forget to fill out your Public Profile (and Dive Info) on one of your next surface intervals so we can get to know you a little bit better. Besides, it will make it easier for us to answer your questions. If you’re not in a particularly creative mood, you can have a look at my Public Profile for inspiration.

Any other questions? Just click this link: Send me a PM!

Laurens

This message brought to you by Naughty Neoprene Fashion Consultancy Inc.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I'm in Santa Rosa NM tonight, doing my Deco trainig dives tomorrow. :D

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:bandit_2: don

smiley-linie-005.gif

Welcome. I am also new to SB and live on LI. Get in touch (any of you) if you want to get out in the water sometime. Just a little info. I do a lot of my diving with Tiedemann's group out of Levittown - tdconline.com. They have an active group both beach and wreck diving on LI with a schedule on the website. Also check out Dan Berg's site aquaexplorers.com, I believe he does a lot of underwater archeology off his boat the RV Wreck Valley.

You didn't say how far out you were. (meaning how far east).
I am a member of LIDA, Long Island Divers' Association. But it is not a club. It is an organization dedicated to Long Island Divers and their needs. Going to web site www.lidaonline.com will detail the mission.
It also has links to shops, and clubs and dive boats.

I am also a member of "The Dive Club". It is a free standing club not associated with any shop. We have members from all over Long Island. At The Dive Club, you will find people who have just done their open water certifications to divers who have just gotten back from the Doria. We have an active beach diving committee and wreck diving committee.

We meet the first Tues of the month at Molly Malone's in Bayshore.
the web site www.thediveclub.com includes all sorts of links and directions to the meeting.

Matter of fact, we meet this Tues, Apr 4 @ 8pm. (alledgedly) Usually people get stuck at the Mohogany Reef before the meeting gets started.

just checked thediveclub site, the directions got lost. so.
Southern State parkway or Sunrise Highway to 5th Avenue. Go south to Montauk Highway (main st) turn left go to (i believe it is next light) Maple Ave. Turn right on Maple and go all the way down to the end. There on the right is Molly Malone's and big parking lot in front.

Back
Top Bottom