Hello from Liveaboard.com!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there!

Google is always very helpful for geography :wink:

One of the things we love about Djibouti is that the dive sites are pristine and uncrowded - precisely because many people, such as yourselves, aren't aware of this destination yet.

What can I tell you? It's a stunning volcanic area with beautiful dive sites including coral reefs, wrecks and big marine life. There are four main dive areas to explore:

Moucha Island
Seven Brothers Islands
Gulf of Tadjourah
Ghoubet al Kharab

Whale sharks are the main attraction during October to February, but there is incredible wildlife to see year-round....think manta rays, pilot whales and smaller sharks such as nurse sharks.

We have two liveaboard dive vessels that visit the area (October to June), including the beautiful MSY Elegante who caters for just 14 guests. She's a traditional wooden schooner.

As with any travel, you'd check your foreign travel advice first if you're concerned about piracy risk. Having said that, the area to avoid is the border with Eritrea and liveaboards operate well outside of the risk zone!

Doesn't it sound great?!

It does sound great! Have you been?

Is there any advantage to booking through liveaboard.com over booking direct with the operating vessel? Refund gaurantees if operator cancels cruise? Matching prices if the operator offers discounts nearer departure dates? Discounts for second or subsequent bookings with liveaboard.com?

Is there any advantage to booking through liveaboard.com over booking direct with the operating vessel? Refund gaurantees if operator cancels cruise? Matching prices if the operator offers discounts nearer departure dates? Discounts for second or subsequent bookings with liveaboard.com?
Hi there,

Yes there are defininte advantages to booking with us, including that it is easy and quick, plus we price match. Bear with me whilst I get a complete answer to your questions from our travel agents.

Hello,

The advantage of booking with us are:
  • Best price guaranteed. As I mentioned, we do price match.
  • We offer a large range of vessels for all type of customers with all type of budgets, so it's easy for us to find something to meet your needs rather than you searching lots of vessels yourself.
  • Depending on operators, if they cancel and depending on why they cancel; they offer a replacement vessel, a date change possibility, and a refund. It really depends on the case at the time of course.
  • If an operator offers a discount, we generally ask them if we can do it as well, and they usually agree to this.
  • When a guest comes back to us, we have a credit program.
How does the credit program work?
  • When guest comes back from their first trip, they receive a review request called: how was your liveaboard?
  • Once completed and the review has been approved, the guest automatically gets credits for the future booking (2 to 3% of the amount paid).
I hope that helps. If at any point you'd like to chat with one of our agents, you can meet the team and reach them here:

About Us

Back
Top Bottom