Hello from Korea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kardisa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've recently completed my PADI OW and AOW certifications, and am looking forward to spending more time in the water now that I'm back in Korea. It looks like I may need to move closer to the coast in order order to do so, but c'est la vie. :D I look forward to learning more about dive-related topics and the international community through these boards.

hey there, hows things? welcome to the board!!

Where abouts in Korea are you? if you are in the area I run a dive club from Busan.

안녕하세요

I love diving on 제주도

Yung, Hojin, Harry on 제주도
9-12_0251.jpg

@scoobydrew: I'm in Gwangju, but apparently Busan is only a few hours away by bus (I've never been). If you send me the info for your club, I might be able to head that way some weekend for a few dives.

@Doc Harry: 만나서 반갑습니다. I've heard nothing but good things about Jeju-do. I wanted to go for Sollal, but I'm having trouble finding plane/ferry tickets. Apparently I waited too long to make plans. What dive shop did you use while you were there?

kardisa

for the dive club search on facebook for seaworldbusan@rocketmail.com that will bring up the page. It's a little light at the moment due to temperature but we still have some activities on.

Jeju really does have some great diving and we will be running a trip there this year. If you are going to head out there on your own then flights are cheap and frequent but need to be bought in advance. A really good company down there is big blue 33 it's run by a German guy called Ralf - he speaks perfect English and runs a very tight operation

Gwangju? OK, well for one you are near Mokpo which has a fery terminal to Jeju - thats a consideration as that crossing is much shorter than the one from Busan.

The ocean on that side is unfortunately the one that has the lowest vis. The East sea has much better vis than the west. There is quite a bit of dive activity around Goeje do.

If you have trouble finding the facebook site just let me know, any other info you'd like again just drop me a line.

All the best, look forward to meeting you

Drew

Hello Divers in Korea!

I am really happy to see fresh English thread about Korea. Me and my wife are AOW residing on Geoje-do. Well... we haven't had many chances to get wet around here mainly due to the language problems, and two young kids. But now it seems that foreign diving community grows. I know few more divers on Geoje-do and would be even more happy to meet more.
What are yours preferable dive spots around here?

Cheers
Dominik

Korean blog.

Hey there Dominik

Me and a colleague are actually planning to head over to Geoje-do in the next week or so to spend a couple of days just driving round looking for new dive sites. We teach from Taejongdae in Busan but have suffered with visibility of late and now with the new bridge to Geoje from our dive centre in Busan the journey is only an hour, do you have any suggestions of beaches that we can dive from?

Right now our haunts are Pohang using aqua belle, and the brother islands an hour south of Busan

I run the dive club listed earlier on the thread so if you want to hook up for a dive some time join the facebook group for more info.

Hi Drew,

I am very happy to hear from you. You're right with new Gadeok bridge everything is much more simple then before. However there are some cons... like my wife with friends planning to go for some over-day shopping trips to Busan, then I already can feel the pain in my wallet :wink:
It would be great to meet you on the Geoje, I must say I don't have much experience here (namely - just two dives so far...) but I have good hopes for the near future. And I know few guys here to ask. The places we dove are: Gujora Beach (most probably the most famous one around Geoje - nice, long and sandy), with the low tide and steady water the visibility is good. And the second dive I did was on the small, rocky entry point near O'Village Good place, but needs calm water to entry, otherwise might be dangerous due to big rocks around, but very interesting rocky bottom.
I got already your details from FB, and would be happy to meet you to have a chat.
If you plan to come to Geoje, I would be happy to assist, guide and of course join for a dive.

Cheers
Dominik

Hello there , Does any one know of any hyperbaric facilities in Korea?
AS i am planning a possible dive trip to Korea JeJu island and would like to know if there is any treatment facilities should i get a bend.

thanks
diverbelow:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom