Hello from Jordan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to SB.
Together with my family (wife and 2 kids) we visited Jordan last November for 10 days. Amazing country and most importantly amazing people. Diving in Aqaba was a bit disappointing though although I had time only for 2 dives. Or maybe these sites were just not as good.
Anyway, I have a question for you. During our stay we rented a car and we drove quite a bit (about 3000km over 10 days if not mistaken). During that I got two tickets from your traffic police for speeding. One of them was in the main highway connecting Aman to Aqaba. There were some works and at the detour the limit was 60km per hour (although the detour had like 3 wide lanes). They got me with a portable radar and stopped me a bit further down in a check point. It was about 20euros/25usd.
The second one was somewhere in Aman, a fixed photo camera and I received the ticket few weeks after the trip through the rental company - they send me a nice website with picture/date/plate number etc. Another 20euros or so.
My question is this: Don't the locals care about these tickets??? I mean I was one of the slowest cars around. Eg in the highway detour even lorries were moving faster than me. Yes I admit I drove faster than the limit but I was usually much slower than any other vehicle on the road. How on earth???
Thanks
what dive sites did you visit? cause aqaba is a really nice place and who did you dive with?
(Just to clear some stuff im not Jordanian so idk a lot about the laws here)
regarding the highway ticket connecting amman to aqaba you could have persuaded them to forgive you and not fine you, i got caught twice during the detour and just said 'i didnt know sir, im not jordanian and didnt distinguish the detour from the highway' and it worked like a charm.
regarding the fixed camera the people know where the cameras are and slow down near it then speed up, and yeah no one cares cause the fine isnt that high to begin with, next time you visit i recommend that you use jetbus to go from aqaba to amman cause honestly the road is dangerous and use a rental inside the city, and how did you managed to drive 3000km in 10 days! lol

Welcome to SB from the UAE.

man you legit had the full Jordan experience! glad you liked it, and if you plan to visit again hit me up
Yes, figured if I was going to Jordan, I should take the entire experience and not just Petra. I will definitely reach out to you if I am in Jordan or Kuwait. I have a dear friend (an expat) who teaches in Kuwait so it is possible I may visit.

Yes, figured if I was going to Jordan, I should take the entire experience and not just Petra. I will definitely reach out to you if I am in Jordan or Kuwait. I have a dear friend (an expat) who teaches in Kuwait so it is possible I may visit.
Glad to hear you loved Jordan and hopefully see you in kuwait or jordan after this pandemic is over
!

And if you dont mind me asking who is that friend you know? there is a possibility that he taught me scuba or that at least met him

Hello from the other side of the fence !

Maybe one day we will come across each other in the Red sea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom