Hello from India

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @drrich2

Good advice, sir. I do expect to be back here. In fact, after two or three months in the USA, I'll likely come back. But next time, I will have much more freedom of movement, etc.

I wonder what the distribution of where Scubaboard members live is? I believe that the Asian presence is not huge yet. those of us from this side of the world are mostly dive pro's. Would love to see a chart. I wonder what the years ahead has in store for India but I'm sure that at some point it will become a destination.

I don't know figures, whether they exist or whether the management wishes to publish them (@The Chairman ). My subjective impression is a strong U.S.A. presence, quite a number of Canadians, some Caribbean region and British then other European folks rounding it out, and some others in the mix here and there. A subset of these people are interested in 'new' exotic destinations. When I think of distant exotic dive destinations (relative to the U.S.A.), from the forum (haven't been out so far!) I think of Indonesia (e.g.: Raja Ampat and Komodo), Red Sea, Maldives, Palau and Fiji, maybe Australia (e.g.: Great Barrier Reef), Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and South Africa. Just based on what I see dominate in forum threads.

Perhaps some of your avid regional divers could post a few dive reports on Scuba Board, with photos and videos from dives discussing distinctive species, and help people get a handle on where to stay (e.g.: dive resort, hotel, etc...), what the dive scene looks like (e.g.: land-based vs. live-aboard), what cultural hurdles there might be (e.g.: a lot of people over here only speak English), etc...

It would be good to see what India offers.

Richard.

%50 of our users are North American... the other half is well distributed. Not much from India, but I hope @eternaljonah changes all that.

I've always wanted to visit India. Now if the diving opens up more, I will definitely go. A blast for sure.

I'd like to see trip reports show-casing some of the local wildlife. There are parts of the world known for species people hope to see when there; Napoleon wrasse, titan tigger fish (from a comfortable distance, not gouging a chunk of flesh out), ocean white-tips (ditto), blue-ringed octopus, the soft corals of Fiji, etc...

When foreign dive tourists dive Israel, what do they see? Is it mostly about lush reef or animal life? Macro, mid-size, big pelagic? Is there a lot of wreck diving?

Just as Egypt has some appeal for reputable diving in the Red Sea plus historic topside attractions (e.g.: Nile River, pyramids), it seems like Israel's treasure trove of topside religiously-linked heritage would be meaningful to some dives. Spend a week diving, then go see Jerusalem, for example. Are the better diving regions far from the main cultural attractions?

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom