Hello from Greenland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, I moved here in the beginning of March, so everything is still new and fascinating: This saturday we went for a short walk right where we live and saw whales and small ice bergs, and in the evening I went to a party where they served rein deer lasagne! You don't get these experiences that many places.
During the summer there are really good opportunities for hiking, the nature here is so amazing and unspoilt. You could probably walk for months without meeting other people. Imagine this huge country with only 50.000 people living here, you really do have the nature all for yourself. During the winter/spring we go skiing.

The downside of it all is that the cost of living is very high, since everything must be transported such a long way. For example fresh fruits and vegetables must be flown in from Denmark, which makes them outrageously expensive. Also, since there's only one airline flying here it is quite expensive going back home to visit the family. So we feel pretty isolated here. ohh, and we miss the diving...
It will be interesting to see what it will be like in December when we only have a couple of hours of daylight. But then there are the polar lights...

is it really green up there??
welcome to scubaboard... you'll like it here.

and they saw green. Soon they realized that it quickly became white.

Greenland... ice, ice, ice! I feel cold when water temp is around 28 degrees celsius... if it's lower than that, I'd probably start shivering after 1 hour in the water... oh, that's assuming I'm using a 3mm shorty.

:) makes you wonder how the heck I'm going to survive Greenland eh?

Hey! Elsa, Welcome from Boracay Island, Philippines!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom