Hello From Cullman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thought I would just post this here instead of starting a new thread.

Holly crap the hot weather is upon us and only going to get worse. Today turned out to be a great day for diving. I arrived at ABWA this morning thinking it was going to be another boring “solo” day which seems to be typical recently. As I was making the trip down the hill carrying some stages I ran into a new face which I had only seen from a profile here on the forum. Most may know her as bamamedic2.0 . I learned real quickly that Lil B was quite spunky for her size. Don’t be fooled thinking she’s one of these which requires a lot of assistance – as she slung her gear around at ease.

Lil B had good patience with me as I slowly assembled different parts of my gear, scooter, etc. The heat was only getting hotter and I still had not even got into my dry suit unders yet. If you don’t think 300gram Polertec is hotter than 7 hells on a hot summer day, then you are quite mistaken!!!! Eventually I clambered into my gear and Lil B and I trotted down to the platform. She and I descended to the training platform and did a few drills and then it was off to see the wild blue yonder.

The dives of the day went really well considering I had made some webbing changes to my back plate which hampered me doing valve drills. Lil B had some ear pain on one dive which seemed to cause a lil ongoing discomfort, however with the exception of those few minor issues we had a great day of diving. As always the vis was terrible, however the water temp continued to uphold the ABWA tradition of being a lil cold.

Parked beside us were Brad and Jonathan from Dive Sports teaching a class. They seemed to have a good day as well. As we were taking down the dive trailer and breaking down gear a gentleman walked up and introduced himself as Rusty from SB. Rusty was there doing some gear check in preparation for some AOW classes next week. Thanks Rusty for stopping in to stay hello.

Lil B and I ended the day at Two Pesos on Ala 119 taking in some fine Mexican food. What a great way to end a diving day. Got to dive with an outstanding gal with her heart and soul dedicated to diving. Lil B expressed interest in continuing her training, and from judging how she dove today will really take to it like a fish in the water.
Safe diving,

Kenny

Last edited:
You are too sweet, Kenny! :D

I had a fabulous time while diving with you...thanks so much for letting me tag along

Hopefully, our schedules will coincide again sometime

Enjoyed the conversation with the both of you. The wife and I will be back down this weekend (looking for a place to spend the night if anyone has any suggestions). I am thinking I will be tied up with the class, but Carlotta will probably dive if you guys are around. She will not go alone, and that is a good thing.
It is alway good to meet other divers, and I am like Rita, I am quite envious of the trailer!

'til next time...

Randy
(uh, Rusty will be ok :), but I might get confused with who I am and miss out on something I shouldn't.)

Grrrr, I even did that on site too. Lol. Sorry bout that Randy.

Regretfully I will be working this weekend. However I hope something works out where I can go the following weekend. I've got a few chores to get done here that I've been putting off so I'll have to wait and see what I can get done. Hope for the best. And while your wishing good stuff for me, wish me up some $$ to pay for the fuel down there!

Thanks for the comments on the dive trailer. It reflects countless careless spending decisions, but at least the dang thing is paid for. Lol.

Good luck with your classes down there next week. I hope the conditions were better than what we had Saturday. Rita and I were following behind some folks near the culvert and they were diving arm -n- arm hooked together leaving a silt cloud thick enough to cause a fish to get stuck. Rita with her frog kicks blended right in like part of the sea life......Good thing no one was frog gigging........Hehe.

Take care, & safe diving!

Kenny

I can relate to the gas price, I was in three digits before I got home and I wasn't pulling a small version of the local dive shops. :wink:
Next time...

I can relate to the gas price, I was in three digits before I got home and I wasn't pulling a small version of the local dive shops. :wink:
Next time...

I feel your pain Randy. I spend over $200 bucks on gas driving down to the gulf to dive a couple weeks ago.

my Tahoe is a gas-o-holic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom