Hello from Croatia !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malisani

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone :)

My son (13) and I got our OWD certification last summer (2017) and are also father and son dive buddies like in the former thread and have only 10 logged dives so far.

We're from Croatia where we will do our diving for now. The plan is to get some specialties done before looking towards AOWD in 3-4 years when the boy is the right age and state of mind. Until then, it's only practice in shallow (18m max. because of my sons age and bodily development stage, so I learned during certification).

It's kind of great to have him as a dive buddy, but in the same time it's challenging because my primary focus is on his behaviour under water and his safety and not the dive itself, but every time we get back out it's only smiles for me :)

Best regards
Vedran

Welcome to the forum! Yeah that sounds ideal to get your son started early in this fine sport. Safety would be paramount in my mind as well for a young fellow diving with you. :)

Thanks! We're still in the "beginner mode" but looking to go beyond when the time comes. There are several really great locations with WWII wrecks and the ones I'm looking to see is the B-24 at 40m and B-17 at about 70m. But that is a long way to go for us for now..

Here is the B17:

Welcome to SB. Its a wonderful place to be between dives.

Welcome to Scubaboard!

Sure thing! :)
And If anyone needs assistance of any kind in CRO, just drop me a message
Wife and I are heading to Croatia this fall for a visit. I was planning to leave my scuba gear at home and travel light...but you may have convinced me otherwise!

Wife and I are heading to Croatia this fall for a visit. I was planning to leave my scuba gear at home and travel light...but you may have convinced me otherwise!

Hi ScubaSteve :)

If you have the opportunity to take your gear with you - do that for sure. There are plenty of great locations to dive. Depending on what you want to see or how experienced you are (or limited like me with only OWD) I can help you choose the itinerary.
Where did you plan to go in Croatia?
Here is a thread I wrote yesterday with some general info about diving in Croatia so take a look:
Croatia, general divers info

Dobro! I married a Croat! We visit Rab often, but the waters too cold for even swimming for me! My daughter has been diving with us since she was 14 and I always feel consumed watching over them while in the water...the more dives you do, the easier that will be though...

Congrats to the soccer team! That was an amazing run!

Back
Top Bottom