Hello from Australia :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jake and welcome to :sblogo:
..and to diving. This is a great place to research and learn about diving.
Have fun!

Thank you David :D I'm trying to learn as much as possible :) I'm going to take a diving course to learn about it as we'll so ill be ready for my PADI OpenWater :)

Hallo, Jakey, welcome to diving and the ScubBoard!

My most exciting dive so far was the Exmouth Navy Pier - and it's in Australia, right in your neighbourhood, isn't it?:wink: Lucky you!

Cheers

J.

Hello johanan thank you :D I'm so excited to go to my PADI O/W :)

I've never of heard of that place, I live in Melbourne is that where its located ? I wanna dive in The Great Barrier Reef but even that is a long way away :)

EDIT: a quick google search it's located in Western Australia way to far for me, I'm in Victoria :(

Hello johanan thank you :D I'm so excited to go to my PADI O/W :)

I've never of heard of that place, I live in Melbourne is that where its located ? I wanna dive in The Great Barrier Reef but even that is a long way away :)

EDIT: a quick google search it's located in Western Australia way to far for me, I'm in Victoria :(

Yeah, I was just pulling your leg a little.:) Exmouth might be the most remote place in Australia from Melbourne. But if you happen to be in WA, Navy Pier is a must dive. Ningaloo reef there is also famous because of the whale sharks. I dove also in Cairns, the Great Barrier Reef. Very beautiful corals and fish! Australia is SO beautiful onland and underwater!:cool3:

David is right - here on SB you can learn alot in addition to your OWD course. Good luck and dive safe!

J.

Hello Jakey! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I'm an American Wreck Diver transiting through Australia where I am currently on holiday in Santo Vanuatu. Now I know why a lot of Aussies come here --very beautiful country with nice tropical diving!

If you get into wreck diving, the largest most easily accessible historical WWII sunken ship is here in Espiritu Santo --the SS President Coolidge. Good training grounds, and classes from beginning to advanced/technical penetration courses can be taken here too. . .

Dives on the SS President Coolidge, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu

---------- Post added December 10th, 2012 at 09:25 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Hello Jakey! Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I'm an American Wreck Diver transiting through Australia where I am currently on holiday in Santo Vanuatu. Now I know why a lot of Aussies come here --very beautiful country with nice tropical diving!

If you get into wreck diving, the largest most easily accessible historical WWII sunken ship is here in Espiritu Santo --the SS President Coolidge. Good training grounds, and classes from beginning to advanced/technical penetration courses can be taken here too. . .

Dives on the SS President Coolidge, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu

Hey kev thank you :) if I had that kinda money I would :(

Hey Jakey,

Welcome to SB! I moved to NSW from Canada about 5 years ago and have never regretted it. The diving is superb no matter where you are, tropical or temperate. Lots of great diving in Victoria but I would advise you to get your hands on a 7mm wettie or even better a semi-dry to start with for VIC diving.

GL and dive safe! Welcome to the real world!

Hey Jakey,

Welcome to SB! I moved to NSW from Canada about 5 years ago and have never regretted it. The diving is superb no matter where you are, tropical or temperate. Lots of great diving in Victoria but I would advise you to get your hands on a 7mm wettie or even better a semi-dry to start with for VIC diving.

GL and dive safe! Welcome to the real world!

Thank you for that I definelty needed help choosing a wetsuit I was thinking about semidry buy I might go with 7mm like you said thank you :D do you know what brands are good for. 7mm thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom