Hello from Argentina. SCUBA/Narguile diver, new to the forum.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everybody !!!
Happy to have found this prestigious site with so many members !!

I am a Professional Diver specialized in gold dredging with a narguile and compressor system. I am also a Part 1 archaeological diver certified by the Nautical Archaeological Society.
For my gold dredging operation I have a SCUBA tank hanging nearby just for emergency, attached to a harness/backplate type of tank holder with a sturdy stainless steel strap and push on/off lever.

But if I ever wanted to be sport diving, in order to fulfill the regulations I will sure need to buy a BCD.

The question I wanted to ask is... if somebody knows about converting a vintage backplate tank holder into a BCD. Not that I want to save the nickel but mainly because I found all BCDs coming with slim and soft tank straps (many of which do stretch when they get wet, thus leading to unwanted tank loosenings).
The point is that I love the superb stainless steel strap system with press and pull down lever (a system that I always enjoyed for its ease of putting on and off and most important, for its safe and sure grip).
If somebody has ever heard of a BCD that already comes from the factory with the same stainless steel tank strap system with lever (no matter if it is a vest type or backplate wing type BCD) and/or if there were a way to have my vintage plastic backplate holder converted into a BCD, then the favour of an answer will be greately appreciated.

Dive safe... and Best Regards !!
Rubén

howdy and welcome Rubén....I'm sure you'll get you answer on the scubaboard.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard! :admingreet:

Gosh, I wouldn't know. Try our Equipment and DIY forums here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom