Hello from a new diver in Corpus Christi, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunniemitchell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
This is my first post on this site and I was hoping to meet some people to give me hints about local dives in Texas as well favorite dives all over the world. I am ready to plan my next vacation this summer and would love input.:)

This is my first post on this site and I was hoping to meet some people to give me hints about local dives in Texas as well favorite dives all over the world. I am ready to plan my next vacation this summer and would love input.:)

First, Merry Christmas and welcome to Scubaboard! Since CC is on the coast there should be a lot of trips to the oil rigs that are close to you. Also the Flower Gardens make a nice weekend dive trip.

Inland, you have Canyon Lake and Lake Travis, both are good for practice. My personal favorite is Spring Lake in San Marcos. Not deep but a constant 72 degrees year round with Carib vis most of the time. To dive there you will need to take a special class from the Aquarena Center.

Be sure to post an introduction on the Texas Swamp Divers forum on this board. We don't bite very hard and are generally pretty helpful.

Howdy Sunnie, I don't recognize the name so I guess you never taught me.

I'm a pretty new diver in Corpus, currently working on getting my girlfriend certified this next month. Private Message me sometime if you want to meet up at Stingers or somewhere to meet and visit for the duration of a coffee.

I met Sunnie a couple of weeks ago at Aquarena.

Anything I should know? Should I revoke my invitation to coffee? You are still posting so I guess your still alive to tell the tale.

Thanks for the info. I'm on the list for a rig dive, but am wondering about water temps. Even with 2 wetsuits, I was still cold at Aquarena. I can only imagine how cold it is out at the rigs with no drysuit. Any idea?

Thanks for the info. I'm on the list for a rig dive, but am wondering about water temps. Even with 2 wetsuits, I was still cold at Aquarena. I can only imagine how cold it is out at the rigs with no drysuit. Any idea?

Were you wearing a hood? That makes a huge difference. Here's a link that shows water temps.
NODC Coastal Water Temperature Guide

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom