Hello From a former New Englander

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

isotope75

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I found this site by accident.
My name is William and I used to live in Maine. I was an urchin diver there. I have since went on to a commercial diving school and moved to Brazil.

It's been awhile since I did that line of work and I am not up to date on the Maine marine fish harvesting laws. I can give you these words of advice.

Do not get caught with dive gear and lobsters. They may confiscate all of your equipment and most certainly the lobsters. The last I remember you can get a hefty fine for every lobster you have. This also includes dead cooked lobster shells. Diving for lobsters is a big no no in Maine. Just keep in mind that it is only illegal if you are caught. Lobster fisherman do not like to see divers near their lobster traps either. They may call the game wardens and some of them have been known to shoot at people.

You are allowed to harvest things like scallops(diving) for personal consumption but I think you need to be a resident. The same holds true for lobsters but you must trap them (no diving).

Enjoy the cold New England weather.

William

The diving is a hell of a lot better here.
The water is warm and you can actually see.

When you are knee deep in snow or shoveling your driveway it is in the mid 80's or 90's here.

Have a nice time scraping the ice from your windshield.

Predicting 3 - 5 " for Wednesday, busiest travel day of the year! Gotta love New England!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom