Hello eveyone, new PADI DM here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello divers! I recently became a PADI Divemaster after spending a month in Koh Tao, Thailand doing a DM internship. To keep my dive skills fresh (I'm landlocked at the moment), I volunteer at my local zoo cleaning their manatee exhibit about once a week. I'm new to SB and am interested in chatting with fellow divers as well as hooking up with potential employers.

Thank you!
Johnny

Last edited:
A lot of my friends dive at the Seattle Aquarium and have a lot of fun doing it. Great to see you are keeping your gear wet!

Wow -- I went and looked at the terrain around Cincinnati, and you really ARE landlocked! Doesn't even look as though you have many lakes to check out. I guess the zoo is the best option!

Hello, Johnny, from a fellow Cincinnatian, or close enough, here in NKY. If you are ever interested in diving once it warms up I try to put out either quick day trips or weekenders for divers here in the area. Also try to get divers and non-divers together once a month or so just for dinner or get togethers. If you are interested would love to dive with you sometime.

Regards,

John

What are the requirements to volunteer in the manatee exhibit? I would love to help with this. I know that Cincinnati Dive center does the training but I have had conflicting reports of the minimum qualifications for the divers to take the class and volunteer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom