Hello Everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Malibulucy I learned to dive three times... once in 1969 where I was introduced to the sport by a Navy Master Chief, again when I finally got certified many years later (1999?) and finally right here on ScubaBoard. The first two were rather horrible in what they didn't teach me and the danger they put me in. So, don't worry if you do get a crappy instructor as that's what most of us had to begin with! You can move past that if you really want to.

Guys, thank you so much for that. It's nice to know your not the only one even you have these little thoughts. I have found a place in dumnaguete that has excellent reviews, who I contacted last night and who has offered me a private class at no extra cost rather than a group due to my previous experience. This is exactly what I am after as I didn't want to feel like I was holding the group back or being pressured. They seem very well run and I think with the right atmosphere I will get on just fine.

Phil I can only imagine the scene with you and another burly man exciting the sea hand in hand, not something you see every day I am sure :wink:

Again thank you for your info both of you.
Am off to book myself in for the weekend :D

keep us informed...we want to monitor your progress....

So almost any thought or concern you have there are tons of others on here that have had that exact same concern - this is a very good place to ask whatever you want. There are no stupid questions at all. I'm not going to lie - I am so jealous of the freedom you have to travel the world ... what I wouldn't do to be able to do that. :)

Reku it's a great feeling but can be a little stressful at times keeping track of money (something I'm failing miserably at right now) and forever moving from spot to spot but the beauty is when find a nice spot you can stay awhile Started my course today with a whole load of theory and my swim test. Brain is overloaded! How I will ever remember all this I don't know.

It all made a bit more sense today. Did my 5 pool dives and transferred the last one to the sea. Managed 10 mins in the sea which is a vast improvement on last time, depth of 4m. I wasn't a fan of the current I have to say and apparently that is it hardly there. I found it really hard to swim against. I may turn out to be one of those divers that dive in lakes and still water with no current. (If that even exists). 2 sea dives tomorrow so will let you know how they go

we are happy for you......you are almost done and ready for another new adventure...keep up the good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom