Hello all...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll save the gear advice for others who have more experience to share.

I just wanted to say hi & welcome you to the path :)!

Thanks for the welcome Kathy (I'm assuming your name is Kathy). Great pic of you in the kelp forest BTW.

Cheers.

I just wanted to say hi & welcome you to the [-]path[/-] :)!

You mean "welcome you to the slippery slope" ... right :D

Henrik

Great pic of you in the kelp forest BTW.Cheers.

Thanks! Clinton does a great job of capturing our local beauty ;-). If you want to check out more - just search the gallery for "Clinton" here: BAUE Gallery

You mean "welcome you to the slippery slope" ... right :D
Henrik

Slippery slope :idk:? Maybe slipping right into heaven! I really can't imagine better advice, partners, training or support :)!

Slippery slope :idk:? Maybe slipping right into heaven! I really can't imagine better advice, partners, training or support :)!

I was referring to the whole gear and gear selection thing - I didn't buy too many things that I will never use again. But after a summer of purchasing a scary amount of dive gear and taking Fundies, I did at moments feel the direction I was taking my diving was indeed a "slippery slope" :) all in jest though. And I agree, I enjoy that way of diving.

Henrik

May I suggest checking out the OMS Vega K2 as backup lights. They are very compact, machined from aluminum and rediculously bright for their size. They're priced very reasonably as well. The batteries are a little more expensive (Lithium CR123) but that's not much of an issue in a backup light for me and can be solved by buying the batteries online. Several of my friends as well as myself have bought these and I have heard only positive feedback so far.

OMS VEGA K2 Light (180 lumen) [OMS-VEGAK2] - $83.99 : Cave Adventurers!, We will NOT be undersold!!!

I was referring to the whole gear and gear selection thing - I didn't buy too many things that I will never use again. But after a summer of purchasing a scary amount of dive gear and taking Fundies, I did at moments feel the direction I was taking my diving was indeed a "slippery slope" :) all in jest though. And I agree, I enjoy that way of diving. Henrik

I hear you! I don't even want to see the sum total I've spent on gear & training in the last 3 months! Essentials and soon Fundies. My LDS loves me! Even though my wallet is noticeably lighter, my awesome new partners, dive style and gear is worth every penny spent :)!

I hear you! I don't even want to see the sum total I've spent on gear & training in the last 3 months! Essentials and soon Fundies. My LDS loves me! Even though my wallet is noticeably lighter, my awesome new partners, dive style and gear is worth every penny spent :)!

I hear you on the money spent on gear and training but if you think you have it bad, try being a commercial diver. If I told you how much I've spent on training, certifications and equipment you wouldn't believe me. But yes, it's worth every penny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom