Hello all! Environmentalist Looking to Volunteer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alberto Ruiz-Larrea

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks to everyone on here, have never posted but I have read this forum extensively and it has helped me with where to go and what gear to buy. I am posting since I am looking for a special opportunity and I am having trouble finding it and if anyone can help I am sure you guys can.

I am an environmental scientist with a background in ecology. I recently finished my MSc in Environmental Science in the Netherlands and I have an BSc in Ecology from Canada. I am currently looking for a volunteer opportunity that would allow me to combine my passion for scuba diving and environmental conservation. I have my AOW certificate and around 120 dives. I am looking for a place that could use my skillset in environmentalism and in turn allow me to dive with them (I can obviously help out with anything needed related to diving as well). If they were willing to train me to dive master (even if I don't get the title) it would be great. Since I do am not looking for a career in scuba diving, but more skills and knowledge are always appreciated.

The problem I have is that I cannot afford a lot of the projects that are very $$$. I am hoping that given my professional training I could sort of trade my skills for diving. I could afford living expenses and some costs. I can teach environmental courses, run sustainability programs, run community outreach programs and I have some experience dealing with environmental policy, etc.

Based out of the Netherlands, I am Spanish and I speak fluent English, Spanish and basic conversational French. Willing to go anywhere in the world.

Thank you for everything and keep up the good work on this forum, it is a treasure trove of knowledge and information.

Back
Top Bottom