Hellbender Salamander Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toolbox-13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,
Tomorrow I am going out with a college professor to help with a study of the Hellbender Salamander they get 2 feet long and are very rare. We will be diving in some 15 to 30 feet holes in a local creek in Northeastern Pa. It should be a blast and I will post how it goes tomorrow night.

Well it was great we saw 4 hellbender salamanders 2 were about 18 inches long and lots of fish the pool we dove in the loyalsock creek was 18 feet deep and went for about 300 yards there were really cool rock formations and we explored all of them. I want to go back soon and dive 2 tanks there maybe see if we missed anything...:)

Sounds like you had a great time. That creek sounds like a good dive.

I'm hoping to be able to audit a marine biology class at Kutztown. The class focuses on coral reefs, and includes a week of diving off an island (NJ or Maryland) can't remember for sure. I just hope he doesn't have any requirements for earlier versions of biology. Sounds cool.

There are 4 good divable spots in the loyalsock creek and another 2 in a feeder stream I have dove the 4 in the loyalsock and snorkled the other 2 will hit them on Mon or Tues. I was asked to go out again and help with the study...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom