Helium Shortage has ended ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting: the article is using metric units

:popcorn:

Local prices in Malta(Europe) are still ~5c per litre (~1.40 Euro per cubic feet for those metrically challenged)...and that is buying it in large 45 litre tanks not as a fill from a dive shop. Hardly the prices we had prior to the shortage.

Interesting: the article is using metric units.
That's quite obvious. Physics Today is a journal of high scientific level, attempting to divulgate the latest research topics also to not-scientists.
Scientific journals require that all papers submitted employ SI units since at least 20 years....
As a scientist, I really cannot understand why US does not officially adhere to the SI units.

That's quite obvious. Physics Today is a journal of high scientific level, attempting to divulgate the latest research topics also to not-scientists.
Scientific journals require that all papers submitted employ SI units since at least 20 years....
As a scientist, I really cannot understand why US does not officially adhere to the SI units.
You have a problem with furlongs per fortnight? :poke:

@JohnN and @PfcAJ, let's get down to brass tacks...

I'm more concerned about how much beer I'm getting when I order a pint. Is it an imperial pint (568 ml), or a liquid pint (473 ml), or a dry pint (551 ml)? Each of these pints is 1/8 a gallon, but which gallon are we talking about? Are we ordering a fraction of an imperial, US or dry gallon? On the other hand, if you order a 0.5 liter beer, you know what you are getting! :D

@JohnN and @PfcAJ, let's get down to brass tacks...

I'm more concerned about how much beer I'm getting when I order a pint. Is it an imperial pint (568 ml), or a liquid pint (473 ml), or a dry pint (551 ml)? Each of these pints is 1/8 a gallon, but which gallon are we talking about? Are we ordering a fraction of an imperial, US or dry gallon? On the other hand, if you order a 0.5 liter beer, you know what you are getting! :D
Just drink it ya sissy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom