Helios Chargin Cycle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetman

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,

I just want to verify that my charging cycle is ok.

Plugged in without a battery, Ready to charge lights, then plugging a battery in Charging lights then charge complete lights. But heres where i want to verify all is well - it goes back to Ready to Charge at some point after that. When you touch the battery then, its fairly warm. I'm not sure on exact time frames because i dont sit there and just watch it.

Do others have the same cycle?

Thanks,

steve

I just went through this myself...that is a normal charge cycle. The charger is smart enough to know when the battery gets hot and shuts down the charging...just let it cool and then plug the pack back up and keep charging once or twice to get it maxxed out.

wetman once bubbled...
Excellent. Thanks. I was just worried a bit about the warm battery. So it should be able to just sit there for many hours plugged in like that?

thanks,

steve
It isn't doing anything when the red "ready to charge" light is on. The charging light is charging, the green charge complete light also runs a trickle charge to top the thing up, but the red light AFAIK means nothing is going on. The battery will cool if left plugged in with the red light on.

If I have a couple of days between dives, I usually plug it in the night after the dive go to bed, in the morning I cycle power to the charger.

When I get home from work the red light is usually on and I consider it charged. I've done a burn test after this cycle and it was pretty much to spec.

Back
Top Bottom