hehehe.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks!

Catherine - if you are referring to #1, it's a Xmas tree hydroid. #2 is also a hydroid of some kind. Too OOF to tell even blown up.

Pencil urchin not endemic to HI but there are sure a lot more here than anywhere else for some reason.

135770208_b346bbc2ea_o.jpg

thanks! now, the christmas tree hydriod, is that the same as snowflake coral, or something different? ...and I thought it was invasive, do you happen to know?

Dive on a Wednesday when Sam is on the boat, he is researching the coral on the YO, he's the man with the answers :wink:

catherine96821:
thanks! now, the christmas tree hydriod, is that the same as snowflake coral, or something different? ...and I thought it was invasive, do you happen to know?

Different. Christmastree hydroid is this (includes hydroid shrimp):

41055087_1d373b4c0f_o.jpg

Snowflake Coral (one of our few soft corals) - Invasive and choking out black coral colonies is this:

34878591_a19ec996d8_o.jpg

thanks for clearing that up for me. wonderful shots!

Beautiful detail Mike...thanks for posting those

Nice pics - love the smile.

Very nice pic's!

78.gif

Mike, I see you are still messing with those Undulated Morays.

Haven't had enough of those bad boys after that last one chased you and almost got a piece of you.:D

Back
Top Bottom