Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not at all into that celebrity circus (realised who it was about only when I saw his pic in the newspaper article), but that Heath Ledger died makes me kind of sad. I found him just awesome as Ennis del Mar in "Brokeback Mountains" which I found the best movie I've seen in years.

I feel genuine pity for those with such a meaningless existence that they need the garbage to feel alive.
You should hear some of the conversations in my lunchroom at work. People seem to know every little detail of these so-called "celebrities" lives. I mean, who really cares? Besides, I can flip through a People magazine and not know who 75 % of these "celebrities" are. And then there's "Celebrity Apprentice" which I don't watch but they interview Trump on the radio station I listen to in the morning when I'm getting ready for work. Other than the dude from Kiss, I have no idea who these "celebrities" are.

What a shame that he couldn't live in his own house because of the paparazzi.

Paparazzi should be considered fair game for whatever means are necessary to remove them from society. The shame is that the people who encourage them are the ones who have no life themselves so they have to live it through celebs. Standing in the supermarket I'm amazed at the people who buy the crap that they sell pictures to. I feel genuine pity for those with such a meaningless existence that they need the garbage to feel alive.

You mean like a hunting season?

I'm all for it.

Dregs of society are those who take the pictures and those that buy them.

What a loss. I heard this morning that it might have been an accidental overdose. My heart goes out to his family and young daughter. Must be terrible to have the resources to get help only not to get it in the end.

It sounds as if drugs may only have been the vehicle for a possible suicide if I'm reading the article correctly. We'll have to wait and see. ).

I heard the same thing being parrotted over and over on the news this morning.... what idiots...

from the article

Police on Wednesday said they found bottles of prescription sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication in his bedroom and in the bathroom; there were still pills in the bottles.

Earlier, police said the death was caused by a possible drug overdose and appeared to be accidental.

I don't know if it's more irresponsible for the police or the media to report stuff like this.

Just because they were in his bedroom, doesn't imediately mean he took them as part of a suicide. Even the initial medical report was inconclusive if this was the cause. So there was no smoking gun that this was the reason he died.

I'm sure he had a Butchers knife in the kitchen, but the police didn't report that. If they did, the media would have just taken that stupidity and run with it like "a sharp knife was found in the next room. Police are investigating if it was involved".

what freaking morons.

From the reports I've heard today (how can one avoid them if one keeps the TV on during the news), the possibility of suicide may be a leap. I heard the pills were found in the apartment, but were not scattered by the body as earlier reported. If someone checked my apartment, they would find prescription medicines in it as well but I'm certainly not contemplating suicide... just my upcoming date and more diving!

Good point on the knife, Mike.

From the reports I've heard today (how can one avoid them if one keeps the TV on during the news)

that's the problem with the media and the news today. They are more worried about if Britney Spears missed her court date than reporting on "real news".

even when they report "real news" they have to blow up stuff by "sensationalizing it".

the possibility of suicide may be a leap. I heard the pills were found in the apartment, but were not scattered by the body as earlier reported. If someone checked my apartment, they would find prescription medicines in it as well but I'm certainly not contemplating suicide... just my upcoming date and more diving!

yeah... I've got to hand it to Matt Lauer on the Today Show this morning.... He pointed out the same thing. that the drugs didn't mean he committed suicide and even he said many people have sleeping pills in their bedrooms, him included. so although their news report stated about the drugs, he was smart enough to add the comments about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom