heated undergarment bulkhead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Santi heated suit with the low profile suit valve and cable entry -the cable routes through the side of the bulkhead and then does a sharp 90º turn-here lies the problem, the cable has ongoing problems with the wires fatiguing. Im looking at getting a higher profile bulkhead and hoping the cable isnt as stressed and doesnt fail ( 3 times on the santi) does anyone have a lightmonkey one that they can take a pic of the indside to see how the cable routes. thanks in advance

Attachments

• tempImagefCBq7L.png
    tempImagefCBq7L.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 56
  • tempImageWmJEfA.png
    tempImageWmJEfA.png
    426.5 KB · Views: 51
Light Monkey is the same. I’ll post image shortly.

Just got the Ammonite T-Vavle A360, the cable angle in the vavle is exactly the same like your santi.

Be careful if you decide to buy a light monkey. They did a terrible job deburring the internals of mine which leads to it damaging the o rings. With damaged o rings it has a slight free flow. I was able to deburr it better but overall I think it’s a bad design. I open it up often to inspect and change the orings.

When I contacted light monkey about it I did not get a reply.

YMMV

On mine I routed the cable straight across because the back cover can be put on pretty much as you want. It's still a dogleg, but not quite as sharp. Mines still working at 15+months and 120+ dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom